EUROSIM, the Federation of European Simulation Societies, was set up in 1989. The purpose of EUROSIM is to provide a European forum for regional and national simulation societies to promote the advancement of modelling and simulation in industry, research and development.
EUROSIM Member Societies, Observer Societies and Associated Societies / Groups
Each European country is represented by its Modelling and/or Simulation Society, or by a federation of regional societies. These societies, the EUROSIM Member Societies, form the kernel of EUROSIM.
EUROSIM welcomes new national societies. New candidates become EUROSIM Observer Societies and later EUROSIM Member Societies if they fulfil appropriate conditions.
EUROSIM also welcomes Associate Groups/Societies. International Societies, Regional Societies, Application Groups, User Groups etc. dealing with modelling and simulation are invited to co-operate with EUROSIM.
EUROSIM has a publications emphasizing on modelling and simulation:
- Newsleter / Journal
Simulation Notes Europe (SNE) published by ARGESIM with technical notes, application contributions and news from societies www.sne-journal.org
EUROSIM Congress, Conferences, Events
EUROSIM organises the EUROSIM congress, the member societies organise their conferences as EUROSIM Conference, and EUROSIM offers the the trademark EUROSIM event for conferences on modelling and simulation
- EUROSIM Congress. EUROSIM organises the thriennial EUROSIM Congress Series. Each congress is organised by one of the member societies.
Next the 9th EUROSIM Congress is scheduled for 13-16 Sept. 2016 in Oulu, Finland, organised by SIMS, the Scandinavian simulation society.
- EUROSIM Conferences – Conferences of EUROSIM Member Societies. The usually annual conferences of the member societies are called EUROSIM Conferences. Reduced fees are offered to all members of the EUROSIM Member Societies
- EUROSIM Events. The trademark EUROSIM Event is offered to societies and groups organising international conferences on modelling and simulation (benefits for members and organisers).
Benefits for Members of Societies
EUROSIM itself is a Federation of regional or national simulation societies, which itself may be federations of regional societies. Members (personal members, institutional members, industry members, etc.) receive benefits from the EUROSIM membership:
- Reduced conference fee at EUROSIM Congress, EUROSIM Conferences and EUROSIM Events
- Newsleter/Journal SNE with Technical Notes and News, free for members
- Information (Proceedings, News, ARGESIM Comparisons via the EUROSIM Web Server (special member service in preparation)