Welcome to the DBSS Information for Members!
On this page you can find various information from the DBSS board.
You can download various reports from this page by using the member password, provided to you by DBSS. If you a DBSS member but you don’t have your password yet, please request your password from the Chairman or DBSS admin.
Annual report of the DBSS executive board
Financial report for the past DBSS events
A company located in SPAIN has opened several junior data scientist positions n the Mobility and Analytics R&D department.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers and developers to deliver solutions for a large variety of clients from all over the world. Responsibilities include:
- lead and implement analytics projects based on our solution portfolio;
- assess and integrate client feedback and explore new technologies, approaches and algorithms to continuously improve our products and services;
- develop Mobility Analytics software products, contributing to every stage of the software life‑cycle.
- MSc/PhD in a relevant scientific field, such as Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Strong mathematical and statistical background and excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Experience/knowledge in mathematical programming and data analytics.
- Excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have, but not indispensable:
- Experience/knowledge in software engineering processes, procedures, methodologies and tools.
- Experience/knowledge in the use of new data sources (e.g., mobile network data, GPS tracks, Bluetooth, public transport smart card, etc.) for the analysis of population activity and mobility patterns.
- Good command of Portuguese.
- Experience in transport planning and/or traffic management project
- Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 30.000 – 40.000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely up to 2 days per week.
Graduate Research Assistant
One of DBSS partners is looking for a great candidate for a position for a research project “Agent-based modeling and simulation of Coronavirus transmission” in Toronto, Canada.
- a current MSc or PhD student in Management/Industrial Engineering, Operations Research/Management Science, Applied Mathematics or related field;
- previous experience with agent-based and discrete event simulation;
- previous experience with AnyLogic;
- willing to commit to a contract for a minimum continuous period of six months.
Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Associate
One of DBSS partners is looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Associate in Toronto, Canada for a research project “Agent-based modeling and simulation of Coronavirus transmission”.
- recently (not more than 3 years) obtained PhD in Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Management Science, Management Engineering or related;
- advanced knowledge and significant experience with agent-based and discrete event simulation;
- willing to commit to a contract for a minimum continuous period of 12 (up to 24 months).
Sounds interesting? Please, contact DBSS for more info about application procedure.