Summer school on Data Assimilation
In the Lucian Blaga University, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science in Sibiu, Romania, a SUMMER SCHOOL ON DATA ASSIMILATION AND ITS APPLICATIONS IN OCEANOGRAPHY, HYDROLOGY, RISK & SAFETY AND RESERVOIR ENGINEERING is taking place from 17 to 28 July 2017.
The goal is to get together experts in the field of data assimilation from different schools (statistics, system and control, pure mathematics, engineering, … ) and to make use of their knowledge by:
- Educating graduate students, young and senior researchers
- Knowledge transfer from the best lecturers to the students
- Exposing these new theoretical/algortihmic approaches and their applications to the Romanian academia and researchers
- Having extensive discussions and exchanging ideas
- Working hands-on with academia and commercial dedicated softwares.
This summer school targets primarily students and researchers at an early stage of their career with/without previous experience in data assimilation.
For more information, please visit the DATA ASSIMILATION summer school page.